This blog is like a home and as such any and all users who enter this dwelling will be treated with the same level of privacy, security, and respect as the information collected and used on this site (on this personal blog and as a part of the WordPress.com site as a whole) must first be consented in order to initiate the collection, storage, and use of any personal identifiable information necessary to the service of this site.
If you have any questions or concerns that pertain to this policy or this site in general, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
What data is collected & stored?:
Personal data that are collected and stored, whether it be through automatic or voluntary actions include:
- Email Address
- Website URL (if provided)
- WordPress/Social Media User ID (if interacting via WordPress/social media platforms)
- Anonymized String (Hash)
- IP Address
- Web Browser Type & Version
- Operating System
- Browser User Agent
- Statistical & Demographic Data
How is data collected, stored, & used?:
- Contact Form: Data, such as name, email address, and website URL (if provided) are collected, stored, and used in order to initiate contact with me.
- Comment Section: Data, such as name, email address, website URL (if provided), submission date & time, and IP address are collected, stored, and used to initiate contact, feedback, & discussions with me or other users in the comment section.
WordPress/social media user ID may be collected and stored if interacting via these platforms as well as an anonymized string known as a hash and created from your email address in order to determine the use of your Gravatar profile and provided to the Gravatar service.
Also note that certain data, such as name/user ID, submission date & time, and content of the comment as well as a profile picture are made public after it’s been approved.
- Blog Subscription: Data, such as name/user ID, and email address are collected, stored, and used in order for you to receive email update notifications on when new blog posts are released and users may cancel these email update notifications and unsubscribe from my blog at anytime.
- Email: Data, such as name and email address are collected, stored, and used by me in an event where any and all users need to get into personal contact with me outside of the blog and the WordPress.com site in order to ask questions, state concerns, or make inquiries. Information collected and stored will only be used to initiate a response to the above reasons, unless otherwise specified.
- Akismet: Data, such as name/user ID, email address, website URL (if provided), IP address, and browser user agent are collected, stored, and used by Akismet in order to check for and filter out spam within the comments.
- Data Syncing: WordPress.com enables the use of data syncing on the site as a whole, which means that this blog’s shadow version is stored onto the WordPress.com servers and includes the aforementioned data of this site’s users. However, I am not responsible for the data syncing that is enabled on this site and therefore, have no control over it.
- Analytics: As part of WordPress.com, this site will automatically collect, store, and use certain general analytical data of users who visit this site.
Such data include statistical & demographic data, such as country location, links clicked on to enter or exit the site, or to travel between blog posts or pages within the site, keywords searched within the search bar or search engines in order to find or navigate the site, and the number of users who visit specific posts, pages, and the site in general.
Also note that the information automatically gathered here are for statistical and demographic purposes only and are meant to gather and track the general population of users who visit this site as opposed to personal information from individual users.
As a result, information gathered due to statistical and demographic purposes may be shared as this does not violate the rights of individual users as no personal identifiable information will be shared.
Data Storage, Deletion, & Privacy:
All personal identifiable data are stored securely and are stored for the duration necessary in order to fulfill the aforementioned reasons for acquiring the data in the first place, and/or for however long you consent for me to store it.
Although no online site is ever 100% safe, WordPress.com works hard to ensure privacy and security of those who uses or visits the site. In addition, I also have taken the necessary steps in order to ensure security of this site and the protection of those who visits it. And in the event that a data breach shall occur, users of this site will be notified within 72 hours from when the breach was first made aware.
However, users of this site are still encouraged to be wary of the information and content they wish to submit to this site, and to only submit information and use this site from a secure device and account.
User Rights & Responsibility:
Visitors of this site are free to request access to or deletion of any personal data collected, stored, and used. To enable your access or deletion request or to request the correction or update of any personal data, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information may be collected for those who request access to personal data in an effort to identify the individual as the sole owner of the data and to prevent data from falling into the wrong hands. Also, information collected during the site’s visit may be deleted upon request.
As someone who enjoys reading and writing both adult and young adult fiction, the content I wish to display on this site in regards to my writing process, the books and movies I enjoy, or details about myself and my life in general are free for anyone to view regardless of age as nothing explicit or graphic in terms of language or content will be displayed on this site, even if the content of the novels I write may contain such content themselves (however, if this changes or if any posts that do go into detail of my novel and if deemed graphic, will include a trigger warning).
It is never ever my intention to collect, store, and use data of minors (anyone under the age of 16). However, any minors who wish to visit this site must acquire the consent of a parent or guardian in order for data to be collected, stored, and used. Data of minors under the consent of a parent or guardian are kept secure and are not shared with any third-party links or outside sources.
Any parent or guardian who also requests access or deletion of data of minors that has been consented may do so by emailing me at email@example.com.
Advertisements & Monetization:
As part of WordPress.com’s premium services, monetary compensation might be possible for the display of advertisements on this site. In addition, the premium service also allows opportunity to not only monetize this blog and display advertisements, but to also host sponsors, and use affiliate links to which I will be sure to leave a disclaimer in order to inform visitors of this site of when blog posts are being sponsored or contain affiliate links.
Also, in the event that I further upgrade my personal blog to a business or eCommerce plan where even more data are collected, stored, and used in order to exchange and complete further services, more changes or alterations to this policy may be made as deemed necessary in correspondence to the further expansion of this site.
Updated: February 1, 2021